This Lemon Blueberry Bread is moist and delicious with just the right amount of blueberries and lemon. Enjoy a slice for dessert today, perfect with tea or coffee!
This lovely tea bread is bursting with juicy sweet blueberries and brushing on a hot lemony glaze just as it comes out of the oven, not only infuses the bread with a nice citrus flavor but it also makes the bread tender and moist. It is really a pound cake, which makes it perfect any time of the day.
This Lemon Blueberry Bread is moist, fluffy, sweet and flavorful! I know I’ll be making this recipe again and again!
Love this recipe? Be sure to Join our Food Group on Facebook for more Recipes!
Like banana bread, this is great as a snack or even a dessert. Can you imagine Lemon blueberry bread slices as French toast? Add a little dollop of whipped cream on top for the most decadent of dessert breakfast.
Quick breads are among my favorite things to bake because they are simple and delicious. And this Lemon and Blueberry Bread is no exception. It’s bursting with bright and fresh flavor, and you can whip it up in no time for a wonderful breakfast treat or afternoon snack.
Lemon Blueberry Bread Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, juice and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in lemon zest, nuts, and blueberries. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes.
Combine all ingredients mix well. Drizzle over bread.